Types of Services Provided: Plasmids; Reagents
Addgene is a non-profit organization dedicated to facilitating scientific sharing.
Addgene is reaching this goal by operating a plasmid repository for the research community. The organization is working with thousands of laboratories to assemble a high-quality library of plasmids for use in research and discovery. By linking plasmids with articles, scientists can always find data related to the materials they request.
Addgene’s global biorepository distributes plasmids for gene expression, shRNA-knockdown, retroviral and lentiviral-mediated gene delivery, promoter assays, TALEN-mediated genetic engineering, and much more.
Addgene is a Silver sponsor of the Rare Disease Challenge. Addgene is providing $5000 worth of reagent requests from their plasmid repository. You can search Addgene’s database of over 20,000 plasmids by visiting www.addgene.org.
Addgene Fast Facts
• Plasmids contributed from over 1,300 laboratories at 260 research institutions
• Key regions of each plasmid are sequenced
• It is free to deposit plasmids to Addgene
• The repository has shipped over 250,000 plasmids to scientists around the world
• The entire Addgene library is available for requests from non-profit organizations—a subset of the library is available to for-profit companies