This challenge is open to U.S. and international applicants from non-profit organizations or non-profit academic institutions. Multiple applications per individual or rare disease are welcome from researchers at any stage of their career (including undergraduate researchers, graduate students, post-docs, technicians, etc.). Note that all donations are for RESEARCH purposes only, and not for medical advice or medical treatment decisions to be made. All donations must be utilized within 12 months of awarding (unless otherwise specified). Please do not submit anything proprietary or confidential in your application.
- I confirm that I am from a non-profit organization or non-profit academic institution.
- I agree that my information and proposal(s) can be shared with the Rare Genomics Institute (RGI), the expert panels and judges reviewing these proposals, Assay Depot and donating companies, and therefore will not submit anything of a confidential or proprietary nature that I do not wish to be shared. Anything submitted will be considered non-proprietary and non-confidential, with no obligation on the part of this challenge, its judges, sponsors, etc. to protect such information (even if information is marked confidential or proprietary).
- I will follow all appropriate IRB, HIPAA, ethics, legal and other relevant rules if using and/or collecting human samples and/or data as part of this challenge and understand that the donations are to be used for research purposes only.
- I, or my collaborators, will not hold RGI, Assay Depot or any of the donating companies are not held liable as a result of participating in this challenge.
- I will specifically acknowledge the support from the “Assay Depot/Rare Genomics Institute Be HEARD Rare Disease Science Challenge” and the name of the donating company(ies) in any conference posters or presentations, manuscripts or publication(s) that arise from results of these donations.
- I agree to use the donation(s) within 12 months of award (unless otherwise specified).
- I agree that my proposal, portions of my proposal, or a summary of my proposal, along with my name, if selected, will be publicly shared on facebook to be eligible for the $10,000 cash prize and/or through various other media or other methods should I be awarded a donation, be eligible for the cash prize, and/or be awarded the cash prize.
- I agree to provide the Rare Genomics Institute, Assay Depot and the donating company(ies) with a progress report 12 months from the award date or at the time of completion (whichever occurs first) with the results of the donated services and how they were useful for the rare disease.
- I understand that additional information may be requested, as needed, in the event it is necessary for evaluation of my submission.
- The Rare Genomics Institute and Assay Depot are not responsible for legal agreements made between yourself and the donating company(ies).
- I understand that I may be responsible for shipping and handling charges for some of the donations should I receive them.
- If I violate any aspects of this agreement or am not able to utilize the donated prize, I understand that my award may be given to another applicant.
- I certify that the statements in this application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
- This Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by state, federal or national, or international law.
By submitting your proposal, you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
By submitting an application, you agree that you have read the guidelines and accept the terms and conditions of this challenge.
For the submission form, please visit: http://challenge.assaydepot.com/rdc-submission/